After using the new gmail 'tabs' for a while, I began just ignoring anything not in the primary tab. It turns out, this included notifications from Godaddy regarding domain renewals. I neglected to renew devbee.com, and as sure as the sun rises, it got scooped up immediately by a ... person.
The first revision control system I ever used was called RCS. It was the pre-cursor to CVS and stored all revision data locally. It was nifty but very limited and not suited for group development. CVS was the first shared revisioning system I used. It was rock solid, IMHO. But it had a few big problems, like the inability to rename or move files. Everything had to be deleted and re-added.
Since those days, I've used several other revisioning systems: Perforce, Bitkeeper, Clearcase, Subversion and GIT.
I recently worked on a project which required a updated version of the jQuery library. While there is the jQuery Update module, it only allows you to upgrade Drupal 6 to jQuery 1.3. If you really know what you're doing and want to upgrade beyond that version, you can either hack core or create your own simple module to do it. While hacking core is certainly the easier approach (simply overwriting misc/jquery.js with a newer version), it is very bad practice.
I'm not sure how it happened, but today I noticed that Drupal's menus were behaving very oddly. After upgrading to Drupal 6 and installing several additional modules, I noticed duplicate menu entries as well as other disturbing oddities. Items I was placing into the menu were not showing up. Menu items that I moved around were apparently saved but they did not appear properly in a dropdown context.
I've been putting it off for a few years, but I finally decided to upgrade devbee.com to Drupal 6.
I didn't really need to, but it bothered me that I wasn't running supported code and I figured I might learn something. And I did. Mostly obvious things that I should be familiar with already.
I've only ever played around with this. I don't like learning new things unless they are going to be truly useful to me. Drush is definitely something I shouldn't have ignored for so long. It comes in particularly handy when doing a site upgrade as you can download and install modules, clear cache, set variables, run DB updates and a lot more all from the command line. This tool is crazy good if you're comfortable in a terminal.